Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Talk about Ironic....

I always check the stats on my blog, to see how many people are viewing the blog, and where they are coming from, what sites are referring them. I want to know if the promotion of my blog on Google +, and a local discussion board has been successful. This morning, I check the blog, and along with Google +, the discussion board, and a few spam sites linking to me, I find this little gem of irony. A Christian website put up a link to my post on blogger John Shore's article about the IFB movement on their their homepage (look for the Fundamentally Toxic Christianity link). That's right, a Christian, and from their statement of faith page, fundamentalist website is linking to good old agnostic me. Perhaps they didn't read enough of my blog, or they the irony that I am opposed to fundamentalism escapes them, (I usually get along well with liberal Christians, though even though I disagree with their religious views).

Oh well, maybe their readers will read more into my blog, and a few seeds of doubt can be planted (evil laugh). :)

2 comments:

  1. I occasionally have visitors from Christian blogs - but mostly liberal ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually like a few liberal Christian blogs, don't always agree with them obviously.

    John Shore is great, as well as a lesser known blog known as "Commandments of Men"

    http://thecommandmentsofmen.blogspot.com/

    He's highly critical of fundamentalism.

    Also, Latebloomer/ Past Tense, Present Progressive, she's a former fundamentalist, and her story of her childhood is incredible. It's hard to tell where she stands now, it seems that she is trying to figure that out as well....

    http://pasttensepresentprogressive.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

No spam, proselytizing, or personal attacks, such comments will never see the light of day around here.

Disagreeing with me is fine (I encourage it), but have some decency when writing your comment