Thursday, September 20, 2012

Atheists and agnostics making a positive difference in the world (and how you can help).


Atheist blogger Godless Poutine of My Secret Atheist Blog is one of my favorite bloggers, and is also the man who inspired me to start my own blog, he said blogging is "good therapy", and he was sure right.

Godless Poutine is a big supporter of the atheist charity Foundation Beyond Belief, and in recent weeks started encouraging people to contribute to one of Foundation Beyond Belief's main projects, the Kasese Humanist Primary School in Uganda. Due to the fund raising efforts of the followers of his blog, and other people on the internet, they were finally able to build a much needed chicken coop, so that students could have breakfast before classes.

It's great that people have come together to make a difference in the world. Check out the website for Foundation Beyond Belief to see the great projects that they sponsor, and how to donate.

If you see references on My Secret Atheist Blog or Foundation Beyond Belief's website for voting to get the school donations from the credit card company Chase, unfortunately, voting is now closed, it ended at midnight last night.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for your support, Sheldon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome. I had noticed my blog had taken a negative turn recently, and I was trying to counterbalance that, and your campaign to help the school deserved a mention and more readers....

    ReplyDelete

No spam, proselytizing, or personal attacks, such comments will never see the light of day around here.

Disagreeing with me is fine (I encourage it), but have some decency when writing your comment