Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Read My Guest Post At Confessions Of A Hertic Husband!

I had sent an e-mail to the author of the blog Confessions of a Heretic Husband asking if I could write a guest post for his blog, he agreed, and said that he wanted a guest post of on the Independent Fundamental Baptist movement. I have just gotten around to checking my blog and e-mail today, and I found an e-mail saying that he has in fact posted my guest post. Check it out, it's an overview of my past posts on them, introducing them to people who may not have ever heard of them before. Sorry I couldn't come up with a more original title, but it fits my Exposing the IFB series. 

My guest post:

Exposing the Independent Fundamental Baptist Denomination

It was a great honor to write for his blog, he's a great writer, and I have been reading his blog for the last several months now. If you are wondering who the picture at the top of the page is, like I was, it's late 1800's Major League Baseball player, turned evangelist, Billy Sunday.

I'm not sure why he posted that picture, perhaps he's saying that the IFB would like to go back to that time period. Maybe that is the case, I know from experience that the IFB and similar fundamentalists like to draw inspiration from famous ministers from that time period such as Billy Sunday and C.H Spurgeon. I remember how IFB members like to carry around an edition of the King James Bible known as the Scofield Bible, as though it was dropped down from Heaven by god himself.

They really do enjoy living in the past....



(Sheldon's note: For past guest posts, both that I have written for other blogs, and that have been written for my blog, plus a link to my submission guidelines, check out my Guest Posts  page.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

No spam, proselytizing, or personal attacks, such comments will never see the light of day around here.

Disagreeing with me is fine (I encourage it), but have some decency when writing your comment