Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Check Out My Guest Posts At Laughing In Purgatory and Homeschoolers Anonymous!

It's been a long time since I have wrote a guest post for Andrew Hall's blog Laughing In Purgatory. Normally it's a blog parodying what's going on in the world of politics, religion and everyday life (I've told him his blog reminds me of an atheist version of The Onion), but occasionally he has some serious posts of his own, and has from time to time, let me guest post.

Well, recently, I had a guest post published talking about my most recent blog series on my father's mental health issues as a teen. If you are a regular blog reader, you are probably familiar with it by now, but if not, start at post 1, and keep reading.

I talk about how hard it was to start that series, and how my emotions were getting the better of me when I wrote the first 3 installments all in one evening, and I can't still figure out why I even started this series.

Here's an excerpt:


I don’t know what drove me to do this, or what made me think it would be a good idea, but several weeks ago, I sat down at a PC at the library of a local college (I don’t have a computer and internet access at home), and over several hours, in one sitting, started typing out the story of my father coming down with mental illness when I was 14. I had written 3 posts in a series on it before I fully seemed to realize what I was doing.


Don't worry, it's become easier now that I have been writing more, my worries lately have been about some other issues right now that I won't get into. 

Homeschoolers Anonymous:

I am a somewhat regular contributor to Homeschoolers Anonymous, a site for survivors of fundamentalist homeschooling families, and today HA decided to republish my post from Monday, titled Isolating Kids to Shield Them From "The World" Is Not Only Harmful, but Counter Productive.

Check out the original post on this blog, and make sure to read the re-published post on Homeschoolers Anonymous, as well as other survivor stories and their HARO (Homeschooler Alumni Reaching Out) campaign to help survivors that are stuck in abusive households.


You can also check out past posts of mine over there. 

Side note: If you are reading this, Ryan, kudos on the great header image on the re-published post, it's incredible, where did you find it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

No spam, proselytizing, or personal attacks, such comments will never see the light of day around here.

Disagreeing with me is fine (I encourage it), but have some decency when writing your comment