Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I'm Back! (and so are some of my favorite blog series)

Hey, finally back from vacation, and I've noticed that one of my favorite blog series has returned. "Latebloomer" of Past Tense, Present Progressive has written part 3 of her criticism of fundamentalist author Reb Bradley's awful book "Child Training Tips". Not many people have heard of this book, but it sums up all of the most harmful aspects of raising children with a fundamentalist mindset. My family had never read his book, or even heard of him, but some things he has said, I have heard my mother express about raising children, verbatim. Part 3 in the series, "A Parent who Tries to Change Hearts and Minds Through Spanking" is the conclusion of the series. Read Part 1, and Part 2 if you have not already thorough my previous post on my favorite bloggers.

Another great blog is Leaving Fundamentalism, by British musician, teacher, and former Christian, Jonny Scaramanga. He constantly rails against the Accelerated Christian Education (A.C.E) curriculum that he (and yours truly) was raised with. I saw a post recently about how their European division, Christian Education Europe, has been embarrassed by a former employee exposing their dirty secrets, read about it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No spam, proselytizing, or personal attacks, such comments will never see the light of day around here.

Disagreeing with me is fine (I encourage it), but have some decency when writing your comment