Saturday, January 5, 2013

This Guest Post May Cause A Riot.....Or Not

I have been more anxious about this guest post than any I have ever done before. I have been invited to be a guest poster on Laughing In Purgatory yet again, this post is drastically different  than any other I have done, and it could be controversial.

Not that comedy blogger Andrew Hall shies away from controversy, anyone who is a regular reader of this blog is probably familiar with his brilliant, yet sharp sense of humor, and if you aren't familiar with him, the meme on the left here should give you an idea of what it is like. (Yes, I "stole" it from his blog).


I have spent some time talking back and forth with Andrew on refining the guest post, trying to clarify more what I was trying to say, because with as serious of a topic I wrote about, I didn't want any room for misinterpretation, be it deliberate or accidental.

The conversation started yesterday via e-mail, and continued off and on into today via e-mail and chat on Google +, which resulted in one of the funniest out of context quotes I have ever read. This is what Andrew had to say about some of my revisions:
"One of the first lessons I learned about blogging is that I keep my arguments tight and well supported. Yeah, I know, it's weird hearing that from a guy who writes shtick about a fictitious chimp masterbating"
If you don't get the reference to the chimp, it's referring to a parody on recent news events that he wrote for the blog Atheist Pig, see the announcement on his blog for a link to the article.

Anyway, as I said earlier, this post is far different from what you have ever read before by me, either on this blog, or in guest posts. Not only is the topic controversial, and something I have never talked about before, but this post is a little bolder than what you may be used to. As the title here says, it may cause a riot...or not.

I'm nervous about what public reaction to it will be like. I don't know if it will be considered highly controversial, or if the reception to it will be much better than I expect, either way it's likely going to start a lot of conversations.

Read the post over at Laughing in Purgatory, Marriage, Family, and Societal Norms in the US


No comments:

Post a Comment

No spam, proselytizing, or personal attacks, such comments will never see the light of day around here.

Disagreeing with me is fine (I encourage it), but have some decency when writing your comment